Thursday, June 27, 2019

Year-End Memories and Learning





















Memories and Learning

During the last week of school I asked students what they remember most about this school year if they think of all they have done since September. Here are some of their answers:

“Recess when it was cold and snowy was really fun because we got to make a snowman with my friends.” (JK)

“Gym class was amazing. We got to play tag – INSIDE!”  (SK)

“I liked Track and Field Day because I got to see the big people jumping. Water Fun Day was really fun because I got soaking wet.” (Grade 1)

“Tundra Swans and Daily Five are things I will always remember.” (Grade 2)

“I liked taking the city bus for our trip because I always wondered what the inside looked like. I also really liked being able to sit in different places. [classroom with flexible seating] (Grade 3)

“I’ll remember that Ms. Appendino really, really likes art and that our classroom always get messy even after we cleaned it up.” (Grade 4)

“I didn’t know Shakespeare could be fun until we did the play. Seeing the eagles in the gym was amazing!” (Grade 5)

“The Fun Fair was noisy, but I liked the games. Our field trip to Uncle Tom’s cabin was my other favourite because it was something I hadn’t seen.” (Grade 6)

“Studying a novel study the way we did, and going to L’Arche with the LITs. It was neat to see how they did activities. (Grade 7)

“Well, Camp Medeba for sure, and all of the cooking and baking, especially making Cinnamon Buns..” (Grade 8)

It’s delightful to listen to our students summarize a year of God’s blessings. We’ve had an excellent year of growing and exploring as a community of learners.  May the Lord bless your family with safe times of exploration, connection, and relaxation as the summer holidays begin at the end of the week
.
Please continue to pray for the Lord’s leading as the board and school administration get a new school year organized for September.  

SJ





No comments:

Post a Comment